2409 Tolowa Trail
Placerville, CA 95667
For information about public transport, ridesharing and pick ups get in touch with us.
The Vihara is a 25-minute drive (about 13 miles) outside of the town of Placerville, CA. You can use your GPS until you reach Pleasant Valley Road and drive to Pleasant Valley. From Pleasant Valley onwards we suggest you use the instructions below. Please print these directions before, as you might not have reception past the Holiday Market.
Look for the Holiday Market (in Pleasant Valley) on the right side. 1.7 miles past the Holiday Market, turn right onto Four Springs Trail.
- (Note that the name of the road changes from Pleasant Valley Rd. to Sly Park Rd. past the Holiday Market.)
- There is a sign for Miraflores Winery just after this turn. In case you drive by this sign, you have missed the turn. Go back.
- Drive 1 mile, past the Miraflores Winery.
There is a sign that says “End Winery Road, No Trespassing.” CONTINUE onto this private road.
- You will drive through vineyards on both sides of the narrow road for about 1/2 mile.
Slight left onto Indian Wells Rd.
- This is called Wells Rd. on Google maps.
- Drive 249 ft.
Slight left onto Tolowa Trail.
- You will see the Aloka Vihara sign, a Buddha statue and four large wooden acorns with 2409 Tolowa Trail written on them.
- Take an immediate left into this driveway.
- Continue to the parking area at the vihara.
- Welcome to Aloka Vihara!