2409 Tolowa Trail
Placerville, CA 95667
The Vihara is a 25-minute drive (about 13 miles) outside of the town of Placerville, CA. Information about public transport and ridesharing is coming soon.
If you are visiting us for the first time we recommend the route below (Exiting highway 50 at CA-49 S as opposed to taking other routes recommended by Google maps)
Coming from Sacramento, exit Hwy 50 at CA-49 S (Spring St.) in Placerville
Follow CA-49 S signs
- Make the 2 turns indicated by CA-49 S signs
- Then you’ll see a Bank of America on the left, make a right to continue onto CA-49 S (Sacramento St.)
- Drive 2.7 miles
Turn left onto Pleasant Valley Rd
- The road comes to an intersection with a stoplight in the town of Diamond Springs. This is Pleasant Valley Rd.
- STOP FOLLOWING CA-49 S at this point. Turn left onto Pleasant Valley Rd.
- Drive 9.5 miles
Continue onto Sly Park Rd. The name of the road changes from Pleasant Valley Rd. to Sly Park Rd. at a stop sign.
- Drive 1.7 miles
Just past the stop sign look for the Holiday Market on the right side, the next turn is 1.7 miles from there
Turn right onto Four Springs Trail
- There is a sign for Miraflores Winery on the right
- Drive 1 mile
Drive past the Miraflores winery
There is a sign that says “End Winery Road, No Trespassing.” CONTINUE onto this private road which leads to Tolowa Trail. You will drive through vineyards on both sides of the narrow road for about 1/2 mile.
Slight left onto Indian Wells Rd
- Called Wells Rd on Google maps
- Drive 249 ft
Slight left onto Tolowa Trail
Immediate left into driveway
- You’ll see the Aloka Vihara sign, a Buddha statue and four large wooden acorns with 2409 Tolowa Trail on them.